There is no accommodation available on campus for participants other than invited speakers.
You can arrange your accommodation in the nearby area or around the Magenta line metro stations. Affordable and nice Hotels, Oyo rooms, and BnB are available around the IIT Delhi campus. We suggest the following areas to book the accommodation: Hauz Khas, Green Park, Greater Kailash, Vasant Vihar. Please avoid booking accommodation near Airport and in Paharganj.
Local Tourism: Please visit Delhi Tourism's website for details on places of tourist interest.Recommended Eateries in and around IIT
- Cafe Coffee Day, Main Building, IIT Delhi (Coffee, Snacks)
- Chaayos, near Visitor's Parking, IIT Delhi (Tea, Snacks)
- Chateau De Pondichery, Adchini (Mediterranean, French, Chettinad)
- Chi Asian Cookhouse, SDA (Asian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese)
- Scooter on the Wall, SDA (Cafe, American, Italian)
- Between Buns, SDA (Cafe, American, European)
- Days of the Raj, Adchini (North Indian, Seafood, Continental)
- Yes Minister, Adchini (Mediterranean, Continental, Italian)
Bharti Building (Block IIA) is located in the IIT Delhi campus, on the Outer Ring Road, in Hauz Khas, South Delhi. It is well connected to the major open and wide roads. The campus can be reached by road or by the Delhi Metro Railway network from major points of arrival in Delhi.
Metro Station near IIT Delhi
IIT Delhi metro station on Magenta line is situated right outside the IIT Delhi main gate. Hauz Khas metro station on Yellow line is also situated near IIT Delhi (2.5 km). From Hauz Khas metro station one can change to Magenta line and reach IIT Delhi metro station or alternatively take an auto to IIT Delhi.
From Terminal 1: Terminal 1 of Indira Gandhi International airport is connected to IIT Delhi by a straight metro route on Magenta line.
From Terminal 2 and 3: [Option 1] Take feeder bus to Terminal 1 and catch Magenta line metro straight to IIT Delhi metro station.
[Option 2] Catch Airport express (Orange) line towards New Delhi Metro station and change to Yellow line for Hauz Khas Metro station.
From Railway Station
From New Delhi Railway Station: Catch Yellow line to Hauz Khas Metro station
From Old Delhi Railway Station: Catch Yellow line to Hauz Khas Metro station
From Hazrat Nizammudin Railway Station: Catch an auto or a cab to IIT Delhi (14 kms).
Connectivity by RoadIIT Delhi is situated:
- 10 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport Domestic Terminal and 15 km from the International Terminal
- 14 kms from New Delhi Railway Station
- 21 kms from Old Delhi Railway Station
- 14 kms from Hazrat Nizammudin Railway Station
- 25 kms from Anand Vihar Railway Station and Bus Terminal
- 25 kms from Kashmere Gate ISBT
Prepaid and metered Taxis are available from all major points of arrival. In addition, app-based cab services (Uber/Ola) have a strong presence and can be availed from almost anywhere within the city.
Visa InformationCitizens of most countries are eligible to apply online for an e-Visa.
It takes at most one week to process the visa application. Please bring a print-out of the e-Visa confirmation so that Visa can be issued to you on your passport on arrival at the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
IIT Delhi has issued a notification of the conference after getting necessary ministry clearances. This notification is necessary for obtaining a Conference Visa, and can be obtained by mailing email@example.com